Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Want to Believe

In a few minutes, we are off to the midnight showing of the long-awaited X Files movie. The thing is- it's been too long. We awaited the sequel to the first for so many years that I barely care. We are going to the midnight showing tonight not because we're brimming with excitement or anything, but we figure that if we don't go tonight, who will?

In Wired last month, they wrote about the "nostalgorithm" that shows the projected ideal release date for this movie as 2018. This would give us enough time to miss the show, forget about Agent Doggett and Reyes, and be excited once more. Instead it is coming out in the lowest lull of X Files fandom.

I do want to support it, though. I feel such an obligation since I've wanted it for years. But it's like finally getting the Nanopet you wanted for years when you're 15.

We'll see how it goes. I am anxious to see who shows up. And if they are attending out of obligation as well. I really want to believe that this movie won't be terrible, but right now I am imagining Dreamcatcher.

No comments: