Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's my job

I love being a stay-at-home mom. I also love being a freelance stage manager. Every year, I work on Stadium of Fire, and it is always a wonderful week of hard, hard work. I thought the show was especially good this year- especially the fireworks. I ran the stage this year and had a blast doing it. The Beach Boys put on an exciting show, and while most of the Beach Boys and their band took off right after their set, Mike Love stayed backstage with us and enjoyed the fireworks. Scotty McCreery and his band also had a great set and were wonderful to work with. I never get a chance to take too many pictures, but here are a few from show day.

Decked out in my SM Gear
Taken during the fireworks while ash and fallout was raining upon me.
Hanging out backstage with the host, Alex Boye

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I like Brother Boye's glasses

Kate said...

I say this without the slightest bit of sarcasm: you're so cool. Really. I love that you get to work on these projects and share your cool experiences with us. And I'm so glad that it all worked out with the back craziness. I'm missing you extra big.